Wine cellar cooling and split systems have become synonymous in the industry. We at Chicago Wine Cellar Expert believe that split systems remain a bedrock approach to cooling. However, split systems come with their own list of potential challenges. Any wine cellar client is wise to know both the benefits and the pitfalls before making a choice. For a full explanation of the advantages and pitfalls, please check out our library offering entitled, The Dirty Secrets of Wine-cellar, Split-system Refrigeration. You will be happy that you did.
Chicago Wine Cellar Expert’s primary supplier of split systems is United States Cellar Systems. We chose this company for a number of reasons.
- They know what they are doing and have been successfully servicing our niche market for the past thirty years.
- Their components are purchased from the finest makers of refrigeration equipment, including Copeland, Tecumseh, and LRC.
- US Cellar offers a variety of configurations and a hierarchy of models beginning at ¼-ton and proceeding in 1/4-ton increments all the way to 2-ton and above.
- The products will work in Chicago-level winters.
- Should there be a need for servicing, the systems are easy to test and their straight-forward designs lead to a logical service procedure.
- US Cellar’s evaporators are whisper quiet, no more than 53dB
Always have your installation carried-out by fully qualified refrigeration technicians. Put another way, never have your refrigeration components installed by HVAC companies. Split systems may appear the same as HVAC systems, but they are not. Refrigeration is to HVAC as Indy cars are to the average Chevy, and the people who install and service refrigeration are a breed apart.
Look in any Yellow page directory. In an average metro area, you will probably find thirty HVAC companies and probably one refrigeration service. In the same way, you may find thirty auto repair shops and one high-performance service center. While refrigeration has many of the same components as air conditioning, the comparison is no more valid that comparing a lawn mower engine to that of a race car. Both have engines but are worlds apart in their complexity.
This distinction is especially valid if you live in the Midwest. Making refrigeration operate correctly in the dead of a Chicago winter requires expertise that may not be required where condensers are never exposed to freezing temperatures.
At Chicago Wine Cellar Expert all of our techs are fully licensed for refrigeration installation. Give us a call today at 312-788-8338